Your Extended Warranty provides you with benefits which are in addition to those available to you under New Zealand Consumer Law. In purchasing this warranty extension you can be certain your product will be repaired or replaced by one of our expert technicians to our normal high standard of service and expertise with the least possible stress and hassle. For our refurbished machines, since they had been previously used, the manufacturer’s warranty has likely expired and the warranty we offer is of our own accord. Our extended warranty is intended to match the 12-month warranty coverage of that a brand new machine would typically have.
You have full rights to cancel this extended warranty within 5 working days. If you decide to cancel you will be given a full refund of the extended warranty charge. By law, we must give you information about your existing legal rights under the Consumer Guarentees Act (CGA) which our warranty is in addition to. Under the CGA, goods must:
- be of acceptable quality
- be fit for a particular purpose that the consumer made known to the supplier, unless it was unreasonable for the consumer to rely on the supplier’s skill when selecting the goods for that purpose
- match any description given to the consumer
- match any sample or demonstration model shown to the consumer
- be able to be legally sold to the consumer
- arrive on time and in acceptable condition
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time, unless the consumer is notified that the manufacturer does not undertake that repair facilities and parts will be available
- comply with any express guarantee given by a manufacturer.
Summary of New Zealand Consumer Law vs the hungryPC Extended Warranty
|Consumer Guarantees Act||hungryPC Extended Warranty|
|What is covered?||Applies to goods or services ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use.||Any product sold by hungryPC which has an Extended Warranty purchased for. This warranty will even cover Business use of the product.|
|Repair or Replacement of the same or comparable quality||Yes||Yes|
|Claim Period||A “reasonable period of time” for the good supplied.||12 Months|
|Priority fast-tracking for repairs||No||Full diagnostic within 3 working days upon receipt, repair or replacement made within 5 working days.|
|Operating System Reload||No, unless reasonably due as a result of the failure||Yes, full OS Reload with all latest Drivers and Updates|
|Inspection Fee Waived for Non-Warranty Issues||No||Yes, if within the extended warranty period, no inspection fee for one non-warranty issue|
|Remote Technical Support||No||Yes, for any warranty issue|
Please note, our normal warranty terms and procedures apply also to our extended warranties, you can find these terms at https://hungrypc.co.nz/warranty/
For Extended Warranties you may contact hungryPC on Phone: 0211715642 Email: email@example.com or PO BOX 756 Hamilton, New Zealand
Under New Zealand Consumer Law, the remedy in which you are entitled to under the consumer guarantees will depend on whether the failure to comply with the guarantee is serious or minor, and whether it can be fixed. Minor failures can normally be fixed or resolved in a reasonable amount of time and hungryPC can choose to offer you either a refund, replacement or repair.
A serious fault is one where the goods are:
- unsafe to use
- significantly different from the sample or description
- unfit for the particular purpose it was supplied for and cannot be repaired or modified to make them do the job
- substantially unfit for their normal purpose and cannot be repaired or modified to make them do the job
To remedy a serious failure to comply you may ask to return the product for a refund or an identical replacement or one of similar value. Alternatively, you may keep the product and ask for compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem.