As an online store, we do everything we can to minimize returns and ensure a smooth buying experience for our customers. We do this by individually testing each unit before shipment to ensure quality as we aim to ensure your machine is right from day one. Due to this strict process, we have very little returns, but if you do end up with an issue we are always here to help.
On each of our product listings you will find the warranty period, typically this is 3 Months for our Refurbished Desktops, Laptop PC’s and Monitors. Refurbished Computer Parts carry 30 days. Where new parts are supplied or used, these carry their manufacturer’s warranty which is typically 1 year, for these parts themselves.
Please read the following carefully before making a purchase or filling out the warranty request form.
In the very rare case a product is “dead on arrival” we will aim to supply you a return courier ticket (freight forward) at no charge if required. This offer is made out of good faith, at our discretion and only where possible, this is not possible for rural addresses or faults where this warranty does not apply.
Our Step by Step Warranty Procedure
- In the unlikely event that your product has an issue, you must bring it to our attention as soon as possible via email with as many details as possible, preferably supply a photo or video showing the exact issue.
- Our technicians will make every attempt to resolve the issue remotely and get you back up and running quickly, this may involve giving you some basic instructions and troubleshooting to help remedy the issue, where possible we may be able to assist you using remote support software.
- If the issue cannot be resolved remotely and/or troubleshooting leads to the product itself needing inspection, we will require the product to be sent back to us. You must fill out our warranty return form below. We will supply a return authorization number, along with a return address label.
- Once our technicians have inspected the unit, we will communicate with you to let you know our findings, if the fault is covered under warranty, we will remedy the issue by repairing the product and sending it back to you free of charge. For faults that are not covered by warranty, a repair quotation will be provided.
- If the product is deemed by us to be non-repairable we will replace with an equivalent that matches or exceeds specification.
- In the instance, we find the product is non-repairable and no equivalent product is available, then the purchase price of the product will be refunded.
What is covered under Warranty?
- Our warranty ensures that the supplied product/s are to be free from any material defect in its own material or workmanship.
- Physical components that build up the product, for example, internal parts of Desktop or Laptop’s are covered under warranty to ensure they are in good working order.
- Warranty covers parts and labour supplied by hungryPC that may be required to return the product to good working order and/or the state it has been recorded in the product description.
- Repaired or replacement items will be sent back free of charge.
What is not covered under Warranty?
- Warranty does not cover physical damage and/or abuse of the product or any of its components including but not limited to, any fault or damage caused directly or indirectly by way of accident, misuse or intentional damage.
- Included consumables such as Printer Ink and Batteries included with a product (eg, laptop, tablet, remote or mobile phone batteries). These consumables are provided free of charge in as-is condition as they are pre-existing for demonstration and example purposes, they may require replacement at some stage, at the customer’s expense.
- Viruses, General usage or software type issues (including operating system, Windows updates) that are not due to any fault of the initial software installation we supply.
- Alterations, modifications, additions or repairs made to the product and/or faults caused by these.
- Damage from external sources, accidents, natural causes (eg fire, water, storm, theft).
- Damage caused to any product or component as a result of improper handling and/or shipping & courier damages.
- Any part, item or object that is provided free of charge or has been sold and described as being faulty or having pre-existing issues.
- For refurbished goods, these may have minor marks and scratches (unless otherwise stated, major cosmetic faults will be noted in the product description) this warranty does not cover cosmetic faults.
Warranty Return Request Form
Additional Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Any and all warranties provided by hungryPC are strictly return-to-base. The customer is required to pay return shipping and handling costs. These costs are non-refundable.
- A tracked courier service must be used for any return to us and the package must state the return request number (RMA Number) provided by us. Any unauthorized returns or packages missing this reference number will be declined and shipped back at the owner’s expense.
- Notification to us of any fault must be made as soon as possible and within the warranty period. Notification to us for claims of “dead on arrival” or damaged items must be made within 24 hours of delivery.
- Any damage potentially made by couriers must be claimed through the courier company used and their terms will apply. Any claim for a missing item must be lodged within 14 working days and any claim for a damaged item must be lodged within 7 working days of delivery. Any claim made outside these timeframes will be rejected as these timeframes are provided to us by the courier companies we use.
- Product must be returned in the same condition it was shipped in, and ideally using the same packaging, if this is not available similar quality packaging must be used.
- Where our offer to repair or replace the product is rejected for any reason, any refund provided will be less a 15% handling and/or restocking fee.
- Any return not covered under this warranty for any of the reasons mentioned on this page or in our Terms and Conditions will be liable for return courier charges and an inspection and testing fee of $45. If these are unpaid for a period of 3 months, the return will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of.
- The remedy provided by way of repair, replacement or refund of the product represents the sole and exclusive claim that can be made against hungryPC. The purchase price of the individual product claimed under this warranty represents the maximum liability of hungryPC. This is in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No warranties are made for accuracy or completeness of materials and descriptions contained on our website or other publication. hungryPC may make changes to this material or to the products and prices described in it at any time, without notice. Any and all liability is disclaimed for errors and omissions in any content or publication relating to these products.
- hungryPC shall not be liable for any delays or failure in complying with any obligation imposed on us under any contract and/or for any loss or damage claimed including indirect, special or consequential loss, lost profits, data or damage.